Stumbled across these images whilst scanning the paper this morning, incredible how the photographer Richard Heeks has captured the bubble mid way through bursting. It apparently took him a month to get images he was happy with, the images were taken at 1/500th of a second. Such simple subject matter yet stunning results.
I found a link in within the Campaign website with their ultimate Surreal TV ads of all time. It’s brilliant to see within the top ten the Skittles ‘touch’ by TBWA\Chiat\Day New York, 2007, Guinness ‘surfer’ by Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO, 1999, and Cadbury Dairy Milk ‘gorilla’ by Fallon, 2007.
Incredibly inspiring work and definitely in the style of what I would like to be creating in the years to come. Truly amazing work and it certainly reaffirms the popular presence of surrealist elements in ads especially ‘surfer’ and ‘gorilla’ are among the most memorable, loved and talked about TV ads of current times, all of the ads are currently rated with 5 stars on Youtube.
Follow the link for Campaigns take on the top ten…
It’s too tempting so these would be my top ten Surreal ads of all time:
1. Smirnoff ’Extraordinary Purification’, JWT London, 2007
2. Guiness ‘Surfer’, AMV BBDO London, 1999
3. Skoda Fabia ‘Cake’, Fallon London
4. Sony Bravia ‘Paint’, Fallon London, 2006
5. Boag’s Draught ‘From The Pure Waters Of Tasmania’, , 2009
6. Reebok ‘Belly’s gonna get ya’, 2001
7. Trident, JWT London, 2008
8. Skittles ‘Touch’ TBWA\CHIAT\DAY, USA, New York, 2007
9. Cadburys ‘Gorilla’, Fallon London, 2007
10. Kronenbourg ‘Smaller Bubbles, Smoother Taste’, M & C Saatchi, 2008